I don't know about you but I get this question a lot from Peace Officers I invite to join the Fellowship of Christian Peace Officers-USA.
Personally, I think it is a very valid question. So what is in it for them? Actually, quite a lot!
FCPO now provides some wonderful resources to help our members and their families grow spiritually both on and off the job. Here are several:
- Access to RightNow Media for the member and their family. This is the "Netflix of Bible studies" with over 10,000 video Bible studies in their library.
- A compact hardback One Year Bible so each member can join others in daily Bible reading. This is where we encourage our membership to read through the Bible each year.
- Promises for Peace Officers book. This is your go-to book to find out what the Bible says about situations you, the Peace Officer, may find yourself in daily.
- FCPO provides a daily devotional on our website & other social media. These devotionals are written by a cop for cops. The devotionals change daily. Also on social media are audio and video testimonies, sermons, teachings and instruction all provided by cops for cops.
- FCPO provides discounted rates to Family Life Marriage Retreats “Weekends to Remember” all over the country.
- FCPO can provide Crown Ministry Financial materials at a discounted rate. Crown along with other financial training materials can be found in RightNow Media also.
This has all come about in the last two years because of your generous donations. If you are not a FCPO monthly partner, please consider becoming one by clicking here and commit to giving something each month. If you can’t afford a monthly gift, please pray about a one-time gift; those are important too!
Your support will help FCPO continue to grow and reach the Law Enforcement community in the USA for Christ.
Paul Lee, Executive Director (Retired Captain, Chattanooga P.D.)
Paul Lee retired from the Chattanooga Police Department with 29 years of service. He has been an FCPO member since 1995, is a former Chapter Chairman and has served in various capacities on the National Board.